Serving the Community
Craig assists businesses, not-for-profits and individuals with various corporate and commercial legal issues. Craig is focused on providing efficient and practical solutions that meet his clients’ goals and obligations.
A Passion for the Law
Overview And Experience
Craig Taylor, Partner
Craig is a partner at Taylor & Taylor law Corporation and practises corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on securities and mergers and acquisitions. Craig also advises in the areas of wills and estate planning for both individuals and business owners, with a particular emphasis on business succession planning.
Particular focus areas include:
- Corporate and commercial planning and strategy, including incorporation and organization of business ventures, partnerships, joint ventures, professional corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
- Business organization governance planning and structuring including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, limited partnership agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Reorganizing business structures, and documenting tax strategies such as estate freezes, reorganization of authorized share capital, and vertical/horizontal amalgamations.
- Advising clients regarding the purchase or sale of a business.
- Business enterprise succession planning.
- Commercial loans and financing arrangements including equity and debt.
- Advising on financing arrangements including equity and debt.
- Planning for business governance, including shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.
- Legal and regulatory compliance for businesses and organizations, including privacy.
- Negotiating and developing strategies for all types of commercial contracts.
- General corporate law.
- Advising on business operations, including intellectual property protection, contracts, employment and commercial leasing.
- Advising business owners and individuals concerning estate and wealth planning, including wills, trusts and business succession planning.
- Advising executors and trustees with probate and other estate administration matters.
An extensive background in Advising Businesses and Individuals
Craig has practised in some of Canada’s largest national and regional law firms in corporate finance and private company services. At these firms he worked specifically in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, buying and selling businesses, regulatory compliance, negotiating commercial contracts, and advising health and other regulated professionals.
Craig has also worked as in-house counsel for government where he gained valuable insight into government operations, while working specifically in the areas of contract procurement, privacy, and laws regulating health professionals.
Craig was born and raised in the British Columbia Lower Mainland. He enjoys spending as much time as possible in the outdoors when not in the office. When Craig is not assisting clients, you may find him skiing the local mountains, hiking at one of the regional parks or pursuing his woodworking and furniture restoration hobby.
2006: BA, Economics (Class 1 standing), Vancouver School of Economics, University of British Columbia
2010: JD, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia
2011: Member (Non-Practising), Law Society of Alberta
2015: Member (Practising), Law Society of British Columbia
604-398-3988 ext 1
Taylor & Taylor Law Corporation
Assisting individuals and Businesses in Langley, Surrey and the Lower Mainland achieve Legal Solutions.
Our Priority is our Clients' Success
Our business and tax law services include advising on tax planning and restructuring for new and existing businesses, incorporation, buying and selling businesses, corporate reorganizations, succession planning, licensing, advising not-for-profits, societies and charities, franchising, corporate finance, intellectual property, commercial leases and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Our wills, estates & trust law services include advising on wealth preservation, estate planning and administration, obtaining grants of probate and grants of administration, advising on business succession planning, drafting inter vivos and testamentary trusts, committee and other court applications.
Our business law services include advising on: incorporation, buying and selling businesses, corporate structure and reorganization, business succession planning, corporate finance, licensing and franchising, intellectual property, commercial contracts, corporate governance, not-for-profits, societies and charities, and all general corporate law matters.
Our wills, estates & trust law services include estate administration, probate, grants of administration where there is no will, wealth preservation, estate planning, incapacity planning, wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements, business succession planning, and inter vivos and testamentary trusts.