Trisha advises clients using a straight-forward and clear approach to the law. Trisha focuses on practical and client-centered solutions and draws on her wide range of experience when advising clients.
Building on an Accounting and Legal Background
Overview And Experience
Trisha Taylor, Partner
Trisha is a Partner at Taylor & Taylor Law Corporation. Trisha practices in corporate/commercial law and wills, estates and trusts.
Particular focus areas include:
- Mergers & acquisitions, including buying and selling a business.
- Corporate finance, including commercial loans and equity financing.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Protection and ownership of intellectual property.
- Residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Strategic planning for investing in or exiting private business.
- Corporate governance, including duties of directors and officers, disclosure obligations and procedures for meetings.
- Incorporating companies and planning organizational structure.
- Strategic planning for business and personal succession, including wills, trusts, and planning for incapacity and disabled beneficiaries.
- Obtaining grants of probate, or grants of administration where there is no will.
- Advising executors and administrators throughout the estate process, from probate to distribution of the estate.
Advising clients from A Legal and Business Perspective
Trisha’s practice focuses on corporate/commercial law and wills, estates and trusts.
Before making her career change into law, Trisha practised as a Chartered Professional Accountant at a “Big Four” accounting firm in Vancouver and Calgary as well as in-house with one of Canada’s oldest and largest public oil and gas companies. In these roles, Trisha performed financial audits for numerous public and private companies, and managed audit, legal and regulatory compliance. Trisha maintains her CPA designation and regularly applies her financial skills and knowledge from her accounting background when assisting clients as a lawyer.
In her current practice, Trisha has been advising businesses and individuals in the BC Lower Mainland in a wide range of corporate, commercial matters, business succession planning and estate law matters. Trisha has advised local businesses at all stages from incorporation and business acquisition, to reorganization, sale or dissolution. Trisha also advises in the areas of wealth and succession planning, and assists executors and beneficiaries throughout the challenging time of administering a will or seeking a grant of probate.
Trisha grew up in the BC Lower Mainland and spends as much time as possible outdoors, preferably hiking or skiing in the local mountains. When not in the office, Trisha enjoys enjoys being outside, working in her garden and playing piano.
2015: JD, with Distinction, Faculty of Law, University of Alberta
2009: Master of Professional Accounting, Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan
2016: Member, Law Society of British Columbia
2016: Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia
2011-2015: Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
604-398-3988 ext 2
Taylor & Taylor Law Corporation
Assisting individuals and Businesses in Langley, Surrey and the Lower Mainland achieve Legal Solutions.
Our priority is our Clients' success
Our business law services include advising on: incorporation, buying and selling businesses, corporate structure and reorganization, business succession planning, corporate finance, licensing and franchising, intellectual property, commercial contracts, corporate governance, not-for-profits, societies and charities, and all general corporate law matters.
Our wills, estates & trust law services include estate administration, probate, grants of administration where there is no will, wealth preservation, estate planning, incapacity planning, wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements, business succession planning, and inter vivos and testamentary trusts.
Taylor & Taylor Law Corporation is located in Langley, British Columbia. We advise clients in Langley, Surrey and the British Columbia Lower Mainland in corporate law, commercial law, estate planning, and estate administration. We work with individuals, business owners, and societies and not-for-profit enterprises.